The Accounting Analyst (AA) will support financial operations in conjunction with the company owners, controller, auditors and other finance employees. The AA performs and oversees day to day accounting tasks, such as data entry, reconciling accounts, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. The individual will assist in preparation of financial reports and internal/external audits. This team member will be involved in intermediate level financial operational analysis utilizing MS Excel and other real estate & construction focused technology tools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Maintain relationships with corporate partners/vendors/suppliers
- Work collaboratively with the Controller, Fiscal Team and Office Manager in ensuring smooth and effective office and fiscal operations.
- Maintain accounts receivable and payables, cash receipts, payroll, general ledger and related subsidiary ledgers, financial reports
- Assist and/or prepare and file claims for highly regulated funding
- Ensure regulatory compliance for local, state and federally funded contracts with Fiscal Team
- Prepare entries to the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers. Reconcile with source documents and transactions to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Track daily cash balances and maintain a cash flow forecast to ensure adequate funds are available to meet operating requirements.
- Assist and/or prepare quarterly and annual tax reports
- Prepare schedules and coordinate with the Controller for annual financial audits and provide financial data for program audits
- Assist in the development and implementation of new financial policies and procedures as required to maintain adequate internal controls
- Manage subcontractor payment and reconciliation process for several internal programs’ requirements
- Prepare periodic benefit reports and notify insurance carriers of additions, deletions and changes to plan participant lists
- Create and disseminate financial reporting to staff, owners and investors
- Assist the Managing Partners, Controller and program directors with preparation and execution of the annual budget & forecasting
- Perform intermediate and advanced level financial & operational analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel and other real estate focused technology tools
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management with a Finance focus and 1-3 years of experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Able to develop and follow a prioritized plan of work, set and keep deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be responsive to time sensitive organizational priorities and competing demands
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen well, and write and speak effectively
- Ability to manage and disseminate information accurately and effectively.
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
Full Benefits Package Available
Up to $45,000 annually