Omicelo Construction Group is looking for an experienced full time Carpenter.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-perform all aspects of assigned projects
- Install structures and fixtures according to job scope
- Translate all plans, drawings, written and verbal instructions to complete each project
- Prepare the layout of the project including: materials and supplies, timelines, placement and completion of all repairs, renovations, installation and finishing
- Understand and execute on all code requirements and installation specifications
- Estimate height, width, length and other proportions relevant to each project. Ensure project plans reflect these measurements.
- Keep the work site safe, organized and clean
- Ensure the image of the company is supported by the appearance and execution of each project
- Mastery of all hand tools.
- Ability to install frameworks, structures, and fixtures.
- Ability to identify damaged parts or sections of structures and implement the necessary repairs using the right tools.
- Understanding blueprints and project plans.
- Shaping and cutting materials according to specifications.
- Mechanical skills for working effectively and efficiently with diverse tools and machines, such as extension ladders, electronic and laser levels, and rotary tools like power saws.
- Operating and repairing common construction tools.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to travel independently across Western PA.
- Willingness to undertake training as necessary.
- Basic computer literacy including use of calendars, word documents, email.
- Ability to use a camera and upload pictures.
- Journeyman Carpenter Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Completion of Apprenticeship or Technical Program related to carpentry or demonstrated field experience of at least five years.
Benefits and Salary
- Full time, year-round employment
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurances
- Salary starting at $33/hour
Omicelo Construction Group is a Pittsburgh-based, MWDBE certified construction firm dedicated to providing quality real estate development including single family, multi-family, and mixed-use rehabilitation and renovation. We are committed to transforming communities by utilizing a dedicated team bringing over 50 years of experience in the industry and focusing on racially, culturally and gender diverse staff.