As head of the accounting department, the Controller will be responsible for the company's financial planning & analysis, budgeting, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable at all levels. The Controller maximizes the enterprise’s functioning by establishing fiscal policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal compliance and controls as a member of the compliance committee.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by managing bank balances and suggesting appropriate treasury strategies.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data at regular intervals.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff performance by coaching, counseling, and seek corrective action for employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 8 years as an accounting manager or Controller
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) on both accrual and cash basis
- Management of publicly and privately funded contracts
- Hands-on experience and mastery with accounting softwares
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Advanced Microsoft Excel use and management
- Managing Processes
- Use of Diverse Financial Software
- Developing Standards
- Internal and External Audits
- Developing and tracking budgets
- Performance Management
- Analysis and Evaluation
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Paid Time Off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis. As a full time exempt employee, you would be eligible to accrue 6.6 hours per month up to 80 hours per year. In year two and forward employees accrue 10 hours per month, up to 120 hours, during each subsequent year of employment. Although your PTO time accrues immediately upon hire, PTO time cannot be used during the probationary period which begins on the date of hire and expires 90 days thereafter. Any requests for exception should be directed to the supervisor.
- Monthly stipend for purchase of individual and family health, vision and dental insurances from the company plan offerings if desired. Employee will be eligible for coverages after 60 days of employment. Health insurance vendor is UPMC Health Plan. Dental is provided by Metlife and Vision by Aetna.
- Company provided life, short and long term disability insurances.
- 401k plan with company matching funds available after employee is vested. Employee may make contributions immediately but will only receive matching funds after vesting.
- 10 office holidays with the option to flex up to 2 days for alternate holidays.
- Personal vehicle reimbursement for work related travel at the established IRS mileage rate. Reimbursement to be provided with monthly travel log and proof of current automobile insurance. Mileage reimbursement does not include travel from home to the worksite.
- Cellular phone reimbursement of up to $70 per month will be provided.
Omicelo is a mission driven real estate investment firm. We have multiple lines of business including real estate funds, construction and related services. Our finance function is currently decentralized across our business lines and we are seeking a Controller that has the ability to bring it all together: financial planning, corporate analysis and the management of monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes with accuracy, dependability and the utmost integrity. The Controller would report to our Chief Investment Officer and also be a centralizing member of the entire team. Internally this person must be able to work with our fund management and construction leadership teams effectively through planning, budgeting, compliance and the intricacies of ensuring success from a financial reporting perspective. This person would also hold critical external relationships therefore the right candidate would be able to connect with our mission, which is Home |Health |Wealth. Real estate experience is valuable. Moreover, a proven ability to create positive energy around financial and compliance processes and procedures that makes the business and therefore the mission easier to execute & achieve is of the utmost importance. The right candidate’s skillsets must include a proven track record in accounting practices, via a 8+ years of senior accounting experience, strong written and verbal communication, and a desire to work inside a mission-driven growth company with multiple lines of business.