Skilled Construction Tradesman
Omicelo Construction Group is looking for a Full Time Skilled Construction Tradesman.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
- Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Translating plans, work orders, drawings, and spoken instructions to project completion.
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to building codes.
- Executing residential renovations including installation of doors, cabinets, flooring, drywall, painting, bathroom and kitchen accessories.
- Keeping the worksite safe and clean.
- Assisting with transport and operation of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
- Installation of equipment.
- Basic electrical and plumbing work.
Skills and Qualities
- Mastery of hand and power tools.
- Ability to install frameworks, structures, and fixtures.
- Understanding blueprints and project plans.
- Shaping and cutting materials according to specifications.
- Mechanical skills for working effectively and efficiently with diverse tools and machines, such as extension ladders, electronic and laser levels, and rotary tools like power saws.
- Operating and repairing common construction tools.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to travel independently across Western PA.
- Willingness to undertake training as necessary.
- Basic computer literacy including use of calendars, word documents, email.
- Ability to use a camera and upload pictures.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to work on a team.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in general construction.
- Full time, year-round employment
- Travel and phone reimbursement
- Full Benefits package
- Salary starting at $33/hour